As the UK’s only approved DofE photography skills provider, coupled with our years of experience teaching D of E photography skills, we have developed an ‘virtual workshop’ Duke of Edinburgh Award online photography course that meets all the skills requirements for either the bronze or silver Duke of Edinburgh award. It is an advanced DofE program that anyone in the UK can participate in.
We understand the importance of ‘meeting’ to develop photographic skills. We have therefore incorporated three live webinars into our program. These will be limited to 10 students; therefore everyone will have the opportunity to fully participate and learn both from the teacher and each other.
What the course includes:
- The course contains 3 live webinar workshops, each 1 hr and 30 mins long. These will be held monthly over a 3-month period and the students are expected to practice their skill assignments and build their portfolio throughout the 3 months.
- Students receive a course booklet in the post with 12 weeks of photographic assignments.
- The photography skills taught will be:
- Learning how to use a DSLR camera, and become proficient in its functions
- Learning about composition
- Using filters, working in natural and artificial light
- Insights and advice on how to build up a portfolio of a chosen themes, such as wildlife, or portrait photography.
- Learning how to re-touch digital images (using photo editing applications) including cropping, adding effects and adjusting colour.
- Helping recognise great images and enter competitions.
- Students receive weekly emails to correspond with their weekly assignment, with further visuals and information to inspire and help them complete their work.
- Opportunity to join a “members only” Sharp Shots D of E Facebook group, where students can interact with each other, share photos and tips.
- Sharp Shots will assess the student’s photography throughout and give on-going guidance through social media and email
- End of course assessment and DofE skills reporting.
How the webinars work:
- Register on the Sharp Shots DofE web Photography course
- Receive invite to attend with tuition schedule, assignments and webinar rules.
- Download ‘Zoom’ app onto your computer or tablet *
- Enter webinar workshop at scheduled time.
* advisable not to use smart phones as functionality not perfect and restricted viewing
Live webinar workshop dates: Sunday 17th September, Sunday 5th November and Sunday 10th December, 10:00-11:30am.
The fee for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Online Photography Skills course is £100.
Camera rental can be organised and cost will depend on how long it will be needed, a £100 deposit will be taken and repaid on undamaged return. Postage will be extra. Please contact us at email@example.com to enquire.
If you cannot make these dates please contact us, as we are happy to consider setting up extra webinars dates.
“I would also like to say a big thank you to you. I think that the course has been very well & professionally run. Jonathan has been very excited, inspired & motivated by it – and has also taught his dad how to use the camera properly!!” – Isobel
If you live in Surrey, Richmond or Brighton we run our popular face-to-face D of E photography skills course. Please click here for more details.