Photography Courses for Schools
Sharp Shots school photography workshops are a creative way to enhance your school’s curriculum. Over 1,000 children have benefited from Sharp Shots teaching methods. Our photography workshops for schools are not just about teaching great photographic skills but also encouraging children to stop and take a look at their surroundings, to plan their shot and be creative. All of which are valuable skills that can be used throughout school and beyond.
Each school photography workshop is designed individually for your school around a chosen theme. Past themes have been wildlife, still life, action and portrait workshops, how to photograph a theatre production and documentary photography.
What the school photography course will entail:
- The science behind taking a photograph. Camera mechanics are explained and the students are shown how to use the camera settings effectively.
- The history of photography, including looking at the work of famous photographers.
- Photography skills based around the chosen theme. This will be the main feature of the workshop with the children taking lots of photos, putting their new skills and techniques into practice.
- Each child will pick their favourite shot of the day, which we will print out for them. (This can be used in further class work, e.g. an art project or creative writing)
What we provide:
- A Nikon water/shockproof camera for each child during the workshop
- Teachers who are DBS checked professional photographers
- A print out of each child’s favourite photograph
The cost of the photography workshop is £450 for a full day (excluding travel expenses). Half days can be arranged, please contact us for more information.
Bring your pupils to Shere!
If you’d prefer, we’re more than happy to accommodate your pupils in Shere, Surrey. We have the ability to teach up to 30 in the delightful historic village of Shere using the old village hall. Easy access and parking directly from the A25 and only 6 miles from the A3. Please click here for more information on the village.
Sharp Shots Photo Club is the UK’s number one children’s photography club. We teach children from the aged of 7 to 16, as well as photography workshops for schools we run photography after school clubs, holiday workshops and Duke of Edinburgh photography skill base courses.
To book a photography workshop for your school, or if you have any further questions please contact us directly on 07969 466 572 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“It was a brilliant day…you have a real gift and talent with the children and they loved it. I hope we can work together again.”
-Judy Cowhand, Forres Sandle Manor School (to view Judy’s brilliant photos from the day, click here.)
“An inspirational course that really switched our students on to the possibilities of photography”
– M Watson, Head of Art, Duke of Kent School, Surrey.
“Thank you for the photos which arrived today – they are absolutely fabulous thank you! The children thoroughly enjoyed the session last Thursday and went home ‘buzzing’ about it and lots have been inspired by it which is fantastic.”
-Year 5 class – Kirsty Lane, Kimpton School
“Thank you. The children were so excited, they all want to become photographers. Thanks so much.”
-Year 5 class – Bernette McEvoy, St Philip and St James’ Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School, Oxford