Duke of Edinburgh Award Photography Online Course
As the UK’s only approved DofE photography skills provider, coupled with our years of experience teaching D of E photography skills, we have developed a ‘virtual workshop’ Duke of Edinburgh Award online photography course that meets all the skills requirements for either the bronze or silver Duke of Edinburgh award.
This course requires no other 3rd party involvement as Sharp Shots provides the teaching, all assignments, regular reviews of students work, mentoring and final assessment sign off. This is a DofE programme that anyone in the UK can participate in.
Over 500 students have successfully completed our DofE online course since 2017
We understand the importance of ‘meeting’ to develop photographic skills. We have therefore incorporated three live webinars into our program. These will be limited to 17 students; therefore everyone will have the opportunity to fully participate and learn both from the teacher and each other.
Book online at the bottom of this page. Should you have any questions please send us a message via our Contact Form.
View the short video above to learn more!
What the DofE photography course includes
- The course contains 3 live webinar workshops, each 1 hr and 30 mins long. These will be held monthly over a 3-month period and the students are expected to practice their skill assignments and build their portfolio throughout the 3 months.
- Students will receive a personal online login to the course where they can access the weekly assignments which are released week by week. They will also have access to a camera mechanics guide and other useful, inspiring information.
- Opportunity to join a “members only” Sharp Shots D of E Facebook group, where students can share their work, receive feedback from their tutor and get inspired by their fellow classmates work too!
- Sharp Shots will assess the student’s photography throughout and give on-going guidance through the closed facebook group and email.
- End of course assessment, DofE skills reporting and sign off.
Duke of Edinburgh Award Bronze & Silver Photography Online Course
Looking for a fun and interesting skill for your award? One of the skills you can choose is Duke of Edinburgh Award photography with Sharp Shots. It is an excellent way for teens to explore their passion and interest in photography. D of E photography not only helps teens to learn more about their hobby, but it also offers potential career opportunities. Our 12-week D of E photography course allows students to explore the potential of a photography career while also providing invaluable life skills all in a captivating and rewarding 12-week course.
Throughout the Duke of Edinburgh Award photography course, you can meet likeminded people and forge new friendships through the three group workshops. You can also engage with your group through email and social media throughout the course so you can share ideas, encourage each other and provide advice for all of the photographic assignments.
After the final assessment, the accredited assessor for Sharp Shots will review your work, supporting you all the way through so that teens can pass the skills section. Furthermore, students can be one step closer to obtaining their award and enjoy the benefits that the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award Photography Skills Online
With all of their awards, the Duke Of Edinburgh Award has strict eligibility requirements for each of their Bronze, Silver and Gold awards. At Sharp Shots, our courses meet the requirements for both the Duke of Edinburgh Award bronze and silver photography.
Our DofE Bronze Award Photography Skills course is ideal for those aged 14+. It runs for three months, with three workshops and 12-weeks’ worth of photography assignments that can be easily managed alongside studies, activities and social time.
The DofE Bronze Award Skills for photography is the only course students will need to complete to fulfil the skills requirement of the award.
Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award Photography Skills Online
With Sharp Shots DofE Silver Award Photography Skills course, students can be one step closer to achieving their prestigious and highly esteemed silver award. The Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award skills section requires at least three months, with the option to do six months of skills and only three months for physical challenges.
With Sharp Shots, students can have a fantastic time fulfilling their three or six-month DofE Silver Award Skills. We make our programme fun, interactive and engaging as well as hopefully opening the doors teens want for their future. With teaching from expert and experienced photographers, the DofE Silver Award Photography Skills gives students a vast amount of knowledge, as well as the support and encouragement needed, for teens to explore their own unique passion for the art of photography.
Duke of Edinburgh Webinar
Online photography course that meets all the skills requirements for either the bronze or silver Duke of Edinburgh award
July 19th, August 16th & October 18th (Afternoon) FULLY BOOKED
September 6th, October 4th & November 29th (Afternoon) – Book now!
The photography skills taught will be:
- Learning how to use a DSLR camera, and become proficient in its functions
- Learning about composition
- Using filters, working in natural and artificial light
- Insights and advice on how to build up a portfolio of a chosen themes, such as wildlife, or portrait photography.
- Learning how to re-touch digital images (using photo editing applications) including cropping, adding effects and adjusting colour.
- Helping recognise great images and enter competitions.
How the webinars work:
- Register on the Sharp Shots DofE web Photography course
- Receive an online login to view the course material, assignments and webinar links
- Register for the webinar & download ‘Zoom’ app onto your computer or tablet *
- Enter webinar workshop at scheduled time.
* advisable not to use smart phones as functionality not perfect and restricted viewing
- The DofE online photography courses run every term throughout the year.
- The fee for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Online Photography Skills course is £120.
- Looking to do 6 months of photo skills? We offer 3 month “follow on” photography skills courses after you’ve completed your first DofE course with us.
- Camera rental is £75 for the 3 month course. We also require a £100 deposit which will be repaid on undamaged return. Postage will be extra (Approx. £15). Please contact us at email@example.com to enquire.
Can’t make or missed a webinar? (3 options):
- We can provide a one to one 30 min evening substitute webinar for £30
- We can provide a recording of the webinar plus extra message based correspondence for £15.
- We can provide an option to transfer to another webinar if available and numbers allow. This is at Sharp Shots discretion, and will incur a £15 admin charge.
Upcoming DofE online webinar course dates:
16:30 – 18:00
October 18th 2020
16:30 – 18:00
November 29th 2020
Current webinar Spring/Summer 2020 course dates:
10:00 – 11:30
June 7th 2020
10:00 – 11:30
July 12th 2020
16:30 – 18:00
July 12th 2020
16:30 – 18:00
August 23rd 2020
Register your interest for our Online DofE Photography Skills Course – Summer term 2020
We were impressed throughout by how brilliantly organised and patient you are. The clearly laid out structure and content of the course was reassuring, and your calm directions gave Jasmine confidence when she had initially felt apprehensive at the prospect of participating in a webinar. Jasmine also appreciated your timely advice and support on the weekly assignments…made the whole experience fun and rewarding. Thank you and wishing you every future success. – Gail
Molly really enjoyed the course and had great fun coming up with ideas each week and then executing them. I’m really proud of her for her efforts and she has produced some really lovely photographs. I think she will have a lifelong passion for photography as a result. – Andrew
William really enjoyed and got a lot out of the online tutorial yesterday. He is raring to go with his assignment for this week. I’m also looking forward to seeing the photos he takes with the new skills he learns. Thank you! – Vanessa
I would also like to say a big thank you to you. I think that the course has been very well & professionally run. Jonathan has been very excited, inspired & motivated by it – and has also taught his dad how to use the camera properly!! – Isobel
My son has just completed the DofE Webinar course and loved it. The different topics each week really made him think about his photography and has really fed his interest. Would definitely recommend this course. Thank you!
Many thanks indeed, Lillie for the programme. It was fab for Olivia (and for us all) – the webinars were great and the 12 week programme of work. It has really been a great development opportunity for her and she is debating whether to continue to A level. We will be wholeheartedly recommending the programme!
Thanks – he’s enjoyed it a lot and is well set up for his Photography GCSE next year. – Dave
Emily has really enjoyed the course – and we’ve been super impressed with what Emily has accomplished. At last – someone in our house can finally use our camera with great results! The way the course is structured is superb, really focused & clear – thank you! – Michelle
Sophie really enjoyed her DofE course with you. We recommended it to 2 people who said the same -Lydia