Sharp Shots Photography Competition Terms and Rules
Below are the general rules that apply to all Sharp Shots competitions, and for each competition there are additional rules specific to that competition such as the submission deadline, the number of runners up and prizes etc. We will refer to these additional rules as “Competition Notices”
The terms and conditions below, together with any Competition Notices form all the terms and conditions for the competition which are referred to for simplicity as “Rules”. These apply to all Sharp Shots Photo Club competitions, which are all referred to simply as “Competition”. By entering a Competition, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or the USA.
- Employees or agents of Sharp Shots Photo Club, and their families or other people connected with this promotion are not allowed to enter.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition.
Entering the Competition
- Entries should be submitted via Instagram or email. Information can be found on the Sharp Shots Photo Club website: https://sharpshotsphotoclub.co.uk/photography-competitions/
- We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
- The competition will close on the date stated on the Competition Notice. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- Sharp Shots is not responsible for lost or damaged entries.
- It is very important that the images you submit are entirely your own work; you must own the sole rights to the image and not infringe any third party intellectual property. Simply speaking, this means that you took the photograph yourself and you haven’t given or sold the right to use it to anyone else.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the permission from a parent or guardian of any person who may be captured in your photograph who is under the age of 18.
- You must ensure that the photograph you submit does not violate anyone’s right to privacy or contain anything which may deemed to be indecent or offensive.
- If your entry goes through to the final judging, you must send your entry via email which must meet the following criteria:
- One upload per entrant
- A minimum image resolution size of 300dpi
- A minimum file size of 1Mb and a maximum file size of 5Mb
- In the format of .jpg files only
Getting consent from an adult
Any entrant under the age of 16 must check with a parent or guardian that they are happy for you to enter the Competition in accordance these Rules. In this case you must provide the name and contact telephone number of your parent or guardian.
Sharp Shots Photo Club will require the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of a winning entry of anyone under the age of 16, in order to obtain permission to utilise the winner’s name and region, along with the winning image, for the press and media, for sharing on websites/social media sites and for promotional and publicity purposes of Sharp Shots Photo Club and any Competition partners who’s name and details will be clearly stated in the Competition Notices.
If Sharp Shots Photo Club does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of a winning entry then, we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
If you are 16 years old or over, then by entering the Competition you agree to your name and region, along with your winning image, being used by the press and media, for sharing on websites/social media sites and for promotional and publicity purposes of Sharp Shots Photo Club and any Competition partners who’s name and details will be clearly stated in the Competition Notices.
Judging and Prize winners
- Sharp Shots will choose the winning entry for the Competition based upon features such as technical merit, originality and overall interest.
- The final decision will be made on or before any date specified in the Competition Notices. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes will be specified in the Competition Notices.
- Only prize winners and runners up will be personally notified of the results of the Competition on the dated stated in the Competition Notices.
- All winners and runners up will be required to supply their image in a high-resolution format for printing purposes.
- If prizes are to be delivered outside of mainland UK then the prize winners or runners up must pay the cost of delivery.
Some additional Rules
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Sharp Shots Photo Club takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Sharp Shots Photo club will bear no responsibility for prize damage while in transit to the recipient.
- Copyright of the image belongs to the photographer at all times.
- Personal information will be captured as part of the entry process and only used for processing the entries and for prize notifications.
- Personal information will not be stored or processed for any other purposes, and we will not share your personal information with any third party other than the competition partner (Competition Notices) without express permission from the entrant, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1988.
Competition Notices – Royal Photography Society “Grounded” Competition
- The Royal Photographic Society and The Nikon School are partnering with Sharp Shot Photo Club for this competition
- Deadline: June 26th Midnight 2020
- Age group Categories:
- 7 to 11 age group. (1 first prize and 5 runners up)
- First prize: Nikon Coolpix W150, RPS Goody Bag, RPS Certificate, “You can take Amazing Photos” Book,
- 3 Runners up: RPS Goody Bag, RPS Certificate, “You can take Amazing Photos” Book, Sharp Shots Online Kids Photography Course Voucher
- First Prize and 3 Runners up: Entry photos displayed in online gallery on RPS & Sharp Shots website.
- 12 to 16 age group. (1 first prize and 5 runners up)
- First prize: Nikon B600 Bridge Camera, RPS 1 Year Membership, RPS Certificate
- 3 Runners Up:, RPS Certificate, You can take Amazing Photos” Book, Sharp Shots Online teens Photography Course Voucher
- First Prize and 5 Runners up: Entry photos displayed in online gallery on RPS website.
- Winners and runners up will be announced on social media and also contacted on email on the 6th July 2020.
- 7 to 11 age group. (1 first prize and 5 runners up)
Sharp Shots does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Nothing shall exclude Sharp Shots Photo Club liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
The entrant will indemnify Sharp Shots Photo Club for all liabilities, including legal costs, in relation to any action or complaint taken by any third party against the Sharp Shots Photo Club in with regards to the entrant’s photograph(s).
Sharp Shots Photo Club reserves the right to change any of the terms and conditions without prior notice. By entering the Competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Rules. Any breach of these Rules by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.