Last Updated: 16/02/2021
Who is responsible for the data?
Sharp Shots Photo Club Ltd & Sharp Shots Photo Club Online Ltd (Sharp Shots Photo Club) are responsible for the data collected.
The data we collect about you
We collect data from you when you make a purchase, request information, subscribe, participate in a survey, post a question or answer, upload content or otherwise actively send us data on our Site. This may include, but is not limited to, first and last name, email address, telephone number (including mobile phone number), street address, gender, school, participant age and any other data included in a submitted profile or resume.
Retention of your data
Where you are a customer of Sharp Shots Photo Club through booking a course, we retain Your Data for as long as you remain an active customer. Where there has not been any customer activity for three years we will contact you to check you still wish to retain your account with us. Where you decide to cancel your account or we do not hear further from you, your account will be de-activated and Your Data will be deleted. Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep your personal data for marketing purposes whilst your account remains active and for the period of time referred to above. This is subject to exercising your right to unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence at any time.
What we do with your data
We use your personal data to:
- Provide our services, products and features to you – primarily to provide photography tuition courses.
- To measure and improve those services, products.
- To protect our users and provide them with customer support.
- To inform users of future or new courses, other services and products
- When you give contact information (such as your name and email address) and other forms of Personal and Non-Personal Data, you agree that Sharp Shots Photo Club may, as part of its services to you, communicate with you, through means such as email, telephone (including mobile phone), or postal mail.
Legal basis of collection
Performance of a Contract/Service
Most of the Personal Data processed by Sharp Shots Photo Club is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or conditional information required prior to entering into the agreement, such as age and contact information
Such legitimate interests will include where Sharp Shots Photo Club sends you marketing about our products and services, where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will perform a particular type of processing on your behalf, or where such processing is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention. Sharp Shots Photo Club will only rely on such a grounds where an assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products and features to you.
In certain situations, Sharp Shots Photo club relies on your consent in order to process your Personal Data. Where Sharp Shots Photo Club requires your consent in order to collect and process certain Personal Data, we seek your consent at the time of provision, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured.
Requesting access to the data and deletion
- Sharp Shots subscribers are able to edit, update and unsubscribe their Personal Data held by Convertkit for Sharp Shots, and if you have any queries or complaints we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com .
- Alternatively, and if you have given personal data at point of booking a course you may make a formal request to have Sharp Shots rectify any inaccurate Personal Data on your behalf by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should also attach a copy of your passport or national identity card (for identity verification purposes).
Security of your data
Sharp Shots Photo Club Stores personal data on:
- MS Excel spreadsheet database based on Dropbox & Onedrive Cloud storage
- MS Excel spreadsheet is password protected
- Dropbox & Onedrive are password protected
- All devices with access to Dropbox & Onedrive have relevant files password protected.
- Sharp Shots Photo Club stores all collated personal data on Convertkit.
- Please also be aware that Convertkit, Dropbox & Onedrive provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures. However, we will not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damages that may result from the misuse of any information, including Personal Data, by these companies
- Sharp Shots Photo Club seeks to use reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data under Sharp Shots control. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. In addition, please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser, and other similar means of communication with other users, are not encrypted. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
Sharing of your personal data
- Sharp Shots Photo Club on rare occasions may share Personal data with specific workshop/competition partners. The details of any such an organisation will be specifically and clearly stated on the Sharp Shots website and on booking emails.
Photographs of students
Please read Sharp Shots terms and conditions relating to photographs – https://sharpshotsphotoclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/. ‘photography consent’
Photography of students
Sharp Shots asks for explicit consent to use photographs for media including for example, but not limited to, the Sharp Shots Website, exhibitions and third party publications where:
- Photographs are taken by another student or by a representative of Sharp Shots of a single individual, or a small group of individuals (groups that are immediately identifiable).
- Consent can be withdrawn at any time by informing Sharp Shots in writing to our registered office, or via email : email@example.com
Zoom Video Conferencing Workshops
- Sharp Shots asks attendees attendees age 12+ to screen share so that the workshop tutor can assess their workshop photography.
- Attendees and parents should be aware that other attendees can view their background and may want to take precautions to mitigate this, such as:
- Using a virtual background
- Making sure the location is neutral and not private with no private details in the background.
- Sharp Shots operate the Zoom waiting room policy whereby:
- Attendees will be assessed against the workshop booking register and screened visually before allowing entry to the workshop.
- If an attendee cannot identify themselves and satisfy the workshop tutor of their legitimacy to attend the workshop they will be refused entry to the workshop.
- It is therefore important that all attendees are prepared to identify themselves sufficiently by name/contact details and by visual recognition.
- Sharp Shots may record Zoom workshops:
- Sharp Shots will inform attendees on booking & registration whether they intend to record the workshop.
- The recordings are kept for 6 months on Cloud based data drives and then deleted.
- The recordings will be used for students who cannot attend the meetings and for future course/workshops production. No individual recording identifying attendees will be used for future courses/workshop production.
- Zoom’s Privacy Statement can be found here – https://zoom.us/privacy
- Zoom Cookie Settings:
Who to contact?
Contact Daniel Spibey or Sarah Burton on email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sharp Shots Photo Club, Brooklands End, Guildford Road, Westcott, Surrey, RH43LB